Boston 2026 – Under five years and counting
Planning continues for America’s next international philatelic exhibition, Boston 2026 World Expo, taking place May 23-30 at the Boston Convention and Exposition Center.
The show’s corporate officers and organizing committee members have been active in several areas this past year:
- An initial show layout was prepared and included in an RFP (request for proposal) sent to prospective decorator firms now under consideration.
- Prospective dealers are encouraged to contact Bourse Chair Mark Reasoner (Mark.Reasoner@Boston2026.org) to be added to an informational email list for news when available.
- Discussions are underway with mints to produce show medals.
- An outline for the Boston 2026 membership drive is being reviewed with specifics to be announced in the upcoming months.
- A newly revised web site is expected to go live by mid-August.
And activity in the Boston environs:
- The Boston Convention and Exposition Center (https://www.signatureboston.com/bcec/) reopened for events as of May 29 when pandemic restrictions in Massachusetts and Boston were lifted.
- A contract has been signed with the housing company onPeak to negotiate show rates with hotels in the Seaport/convention center area, as well as manage attendees’ hotel reservations.
Join Boston 2026 World Expo representatives for an hour-long open meeting at the Great American Stamp Show in Chicago on Thursday, August 12 at 2 PM (room to be announced) with a presentation on progress to date followed by a question and answer session. The gathering will feature an unveiling ceremony for the first in a series of limited-edition show promotional labels created by stamp designer Chris Calle.
Find out additional information online at www.boston2026.org and on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.