- What is CAPEX 22?
The world’s first international One Frame Stamp Championship Exhibition..
- Where will it be held?
At the Metro Toronto Conference Centre (MTCC) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- When will it be held?
June 9-12, 2022
- How do I register?
The registration system will be on the website and is under development. Click on the Subscribe for Updates button in the links below for news as it becomes available.
- What Societies will be there?
Invitations were issued to National and International societies to participate in CAPEX 22. For an updated list of Attending Societies, visit the Societies page.
- What seminars will there be?
Currently, we have firm bookings with BNAPS, SHPQ, for multiple seminars/lectures. Other Societies/clubs booked include: Philatelic Specialists Society of Canada, Postal History Society of Canada, Hong Kong Study Circle, Bramalea Stamp Club, Gay and Lesbian History of stamps. Numerous other organizations are considering hosting seminars for CAPEX 22. The schedule of seminars will be posted on the website. Subscribe for updates.
- What times will the show be open?
10 am – 6 pm each day. Sunday 10 am – 4 pm.
- Will there be an opening ceremony?
Yes, but subscribe for updates to obtain the details.
- Will there be an admission charge?
Yes, but subscribe for updates.
- Will there be a Canadian stamp issued?
There are plans to issue a new Canadian stamp at the show.
- Are hotel reservations available?
Room blocks are being negotiated with hotels near the MTCC. Detailed information will be added to the website including the date at which hotels will begin booking by summer 2021.
- How do I apply to exhibit?
All applications must be made using the on-line entry form on the website.
- How do I qualify my exhibit?
Any one frame exhibit that has obtained at least a Vermeil (75 points) at a National or International Exhibition since 2015 may apply or any exhibit previously shown at a FIP or FIAF show may apply. See the IREX for details. Exhibits receiving a Vermeil (75 points) or higher at national virtual shows like CANPEX, PIPEX 2021 or SAVPEX 2020-2021 qualify.
- How much does it cost to exhibit?
$125 US per one frame exhibit.
- Can I enter more than one exhibit?
Yes, but each exhibit requires a separate application.
- What is a national commissioner?
National Commissioners (NC) are appointed by the FIP/FIAF adhering Society in each country.
- Who is my national commissioner?
You can find the NC from your FIP/FIAF adhering society. The appointed NC will communicate with exhibitors and will collect the required fees. Exhibitors are required to send their exhibits to the NC who will be responsible for getting them to Toronto, dealing with Customs, mounting and dismounting the exhibit.
- Can I submit my multi-frame exhibit?
No, as this is a one frame exhibition.
- Do I have to go to Toronto to exhibit?
No. You submit your exhibit to the NC. Canadian exhibitors can bring their exhibit but Canadian exhibitors not travelling to Toronto must submit their exhibit through the Canadian NC.
- Do I need a synopsis?
They are not mandated but are highly recommended. Synopsis must not be more than two pages long.
- Does my exhibit need to be in English?
No. It is highly recommended that exhibits be in English, French, German or Spanish. If the exhibit is in another language the title page must be in one of the four languages mentioned earlier.
- Do I need to insure my exhibit?
Yes, the Organizing Committee does not insure exhibits. It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to insure the exhibit from the time it leaves them to the time it is returned to them
- Do I need to be a member of my National Society?
- Where do I obtain more Information?
The IREX which can be found on the CAPEX 22 website.
- What is IREX?
IREX stands for Individual Regulations for the Exhibition. In some countries this is often called the prospectus.
- I am planning to drive/fly to Canada.
Toronto Pearson airport is the best port of entry when flying. When driving, the two closest ports of entry are Detroit/Windsor and Buffalo/Fort Erie.
- What are customs requirements?
Customs clearance information will be provided to the National Commissioners.
- What are the immigration requirements?
Refer them to Government of Canada site which lists which countries need visas and more.
- Do I need a VISA?
- What attractions are available?
CN Tower, Blue Jays Baseball, Fort York, Ontario place, Casa Loma, Ripley’s aquarium. Review some of the attractions on the visitor’s information page of the website.
- Will there be organized events for significant others?
Day tours will be arranged through local tour companies to Niagara Falls and Niagara wine country.
- Activities for children/juniors/beginners?
Yes, details will be provided on the website as the program is developed. Subscribe for updates.
- Are you still looking for volunteers?
Yes, use the Contact button on the website to volunteer.
- Will there be pandemic restrictions?
Restrictions, if any in 2022 will be identified on the website.
- What currency should I bring?
If you cannot get Canadian Currency, US currency is widely accepted. Credit card and debit card payments are almost universally accepted.
- What is weather like in June?
Temperature ranges between 14 C and 22 C.
- Cost for a literature exhibit?
$ 80 US per entry
- How do I exhibit my website?
You must submit the URL and if a member’s only site any required passwords as noted on the application.
- How do I submit the printed journal I edit?
See IREX Class 2.
- How do I submit my e-mail journal?
This can be submitted on a CD or memory stick. See IREX.
- My book was printed in 2021, is it eligible?
Printed books and research papers and digital books since January 1, 2017. Printed or digital catalogues, magazines, periodicals must be published after January 1, 2020.